Sunday, October 19, 2008

Little Red River - Trout for Everyone!

Mercedes likes trout too!










Although always considered an outdoorsman, Nathan has now caugh a bass on a worm and a trout on a fly...my father would be so proud.





Erin and I spent the last two day's at the Alford's cabin in Pangburn (past Searcy). We fished most of Saturday, catching enough for dinner (and then some)! Erin did catch the first fish and the most fish, as always. This morning we went out fishing again and I caught a nice rainbow on my fly rod (first time I'd ever used it)! Erin then caught a mammoth brown trout and a little while later I either caught the same fish, or one very similar. We didn't have a measuring tape, but by my estimation it was about 4 inches longer than my left boot (16-17 inches). We had a very relaxing time! We're back in Little Rock now, but I still have another day off (no school Monday) and Erin is off for the rest of the week.

No comments: