Sunday, November 23, 2008

Beer Brewing

Bottling the cider

Pretending I'm not taking a picture of myself...

The Christmas Ale steeping...
Christmas Ale wort chilling before pitching the yeast

My stash...a few Dubel's and LOTS of cider


Yesterday Erin was on-call, so I woke up at 7 am (like I always seem to do when I've got nothing planned for the day), went to the grocery store, bottled my hard cider, then brewed a batch of "Christmas Ale," all before 3pm. Here are some pictures from the day...yes I'm that guy that uses the self-timer and a tripod so that there are actually people in the picture...let's face it, brewing beer doesn't really take much more than the ability to read and use a stopwatch, so I was kind of bored! (this is Nathan, not Erin!)

I've got a short week (Monday/Tuesday) then Colin and I head to Las Cruces for Thanksgiving. Erin's on call a few more times this week, so sadly she doesn't get to go. Actually, it's a two-fold sad-thing: first, We don't get to spend Thanksgiving together, and second I'm no longer guaranteed a bed since I'm going solo! Hope everyone has a good week!






2 comments:

Areta said...

great pics! p.s. i added you to my blog readers!

Anna Morshedi said...

You and the Alfords should have a beer off. They just finished their first batch.